Night Sky Underground Map Large Poster
Have you ever imagined journeying though outer space or taking a cosmic commute? Now you can navigate nebulae, constellations, planets and other celestial features with our ‘Night Sky’ Underground Map poster print.
This large poster print will be appreciated by any fan of astronomy or map collector. The colourful image will become a point of focus in any room. The astronomically named stations on this new take on the TfL Tube map will be a conversation starter especially amongst space enthusiasts.
- Designed by the Astronomy team at Royal Observatory Greenwich
- 70cm x 50cm
- Printed on 170gsm paper
- Matte finish
- Delivered rolled in a poster tube
- Published by Royal Museums Greenwich
- Copyright Transport for London / National Maritime Museum, Greenwich
- This diagram is an evolution of the original design conceived in 1931 by Harry Beck
- While every care has been taken in the collection and preparation of the information contained in this map, the authors and publisher make no representation, express or implied, with regard to the accuracy of the information contained herein and cannot accept any legal responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions which may be made
Astronomers at the Royal Observatory Greenwich have collaborated with Transport for London and the London Transport Museum to create this unique, space-themed alternative take on Harry Beck’s 1933 iconic London Underground map. It retains the familiar graphic layout of the classic original, with over 400 renamed stations; all have an astronomical theme.
Launched to coincide with NASA’s Mars 2020 mission, each of the 11 London Underground lines on the iconic Tube map, along with the Docklands Light Railway, London Overground, London Tram, TfL Rail and Emirates Air Line have been changed to represent an astronomical subject, from constellations and galaxies to spacecraft and observatories around the world.
The London Underground map has been re-imagined, creating a fun visual way for you to learn more about space and the night sky, including:
• The Circle line showing objects within the Solar System, such as Earth (replacing Mansion House), Jupiter (Euston Square) and Saturn (Bayswater).
• Nebulae populate the Jubilee line, including the Tarantula Nebula (Bermondsey) and Horsehead Nebula (Stanmore).
• Iconic spacecraft such as the historic Rosetta (Preston Road), Voyager 1 (Amersham) and the International Space Station (Uxbridge) represent the northern end of the Metropolitan line.
• Hammersmith & City is represented by comets, such as Halley’s Comet (Royal Oak) and Hale-Bop (Wood Lane).
• The Central line showcases cosmology and exotic astrophysics, including the Big Bang (West Ruislip), Dark Matter (East Acton) and a Black Hole (Bank).
Discover our limited edition print and gifts by checking out our full Night Sky Underground Map range.
+ Read more
- Show less
FREE UK Delivery for orders over £50
Due to the measures we have put in place to keep our E-Commerce team safe, processing and fulfillment times can take up to 2-3 working days. Please see our FAQs for more information.
FREE UK delivery for orders over £50.
For all other orders, we offer a flat rate of £4.95 per order.
Orders are sent using a tracked service, and please allow a further 1-2 working days to receive, except for Custom Prints (those which are customised by choosing a size and frame) which take a little longer as they are made to order. Please see our Delivery & Returns page for more information.
International Delivery Information
Delivery rate varies by country and value of order, and starts from as little as £6.95. Please see our Delivery & Returns page for all delivery rates.
Due to the measures we have put in place to keep our E-Commerce team safe, processing and fulfillment times can take up to 2-3 working days.
All international orders are sent on a RoyalMail/Parcelforce tracked delivery service (details available on request). Please allow 5-7 working days to receive after we have dispatched, although due to ongoing coronavirus measures, some customers may experience further delays.
Please see our FAQs for more information.
Custom Prints (those which are customised by choosing a size and frame) take a little longer due to being made to order. Please see our Delivery & Returns page for more information.
For all returns, please contact us as soon as possible using the contact form, expressing your wish to return. Please wait for confirmation from one of our team before returning. Under new safety measures, returns will be held for 3 working days before handling.
Please see our Delivery & Returns page for full information.
Every purchase supports the work of Royal Museums Greenwich
All proceeds from all purchases made on the Royal Museums Greenwich online shop support the work of the museum.
Should you wish to, you can now add a voluntary donation to your order. All donations, big or small, will make a difference.
Thank you for your continued support.