Moongazing: Beginner's Guide to Exploring The Moon
An in-depth guide for aspiring astronomers and Moon observers from the Royal Observatory Greenwich. This is the ideal book for Moon observers covering essential equipment, and the key events to look out for.
- Detailed Moon maps
- History of lunar observation and exploration
- Properties of the Moon, its origin and orbit
- Detailed advice on how to choose a telescope and how to capture the Moon in sketches
- All you need to know about eclipses, blue moons, supermoons, conjunctions and occultations
- A comprehensive section on astrophotography using lenses, telescopes, Smartphones, including video and how to process your images
- A photographic atlas of lunar features with plates and annotated maps
- A glossary of key terms, index of lunar features and software references are also provided.
- 96 pages
Just one of our Astronomy & Space books at Royal Museums Greenwich.
+ Read more - Show less