Spiral Galaxy Tie
This tie is designed using high-resolution astronomical images. The astrophotography spiral galaxy image is custom-printed on high quality organic cotton.
NGC 4298 is a dusty spiral galaxy that just happens to be almost face-on when viewed from the Earth. We can tell it contains a lot of young stars because of it’s blue-ish tint; in general, young stars appear blue whilst old stars appear red.
- 100% organic cotton sateen
- Made by Dr Becky Kennedy (Astrophysicist)
- Handmade in Paris
- Length: 150cm | 60in
- Width of point: 8cm | 3.5in
- Care instructions: Gently spot-clean with a damp cloth
- Image credit: Hubble via STScI