Tides & The Moon A3 Print
Taken from a 19th century print from our archive. This stylish print shows an illustration of an eclipse of the Moon and the Sun, and how the Moon affects tides on Earth.
- Inspired by a 19th century astronomical print found in the Royal Museums Greenwich collection
- Reynolds's Series of Astronomical Diagrams shows two subjects. The top illustration is an eclipse of the Moon and the Sun, and the lower illustration is how the Moon affects tides on Earth.
- "The Theory of the Tides" in decorative script through the centre
- Captioned "Eclipses and the Theory of Tides, James Reynolds, 1846-60”
- These cards were intended for informal learning about astronomy within the home
- Dimensions: A3 | 42cm x 29.7cm | 11.7 x 16.5 in (including border)
- Printed on sustainably sourced paper with environmentally friendly ink
- Exclusive to Royal Museums Greenwich
+ Read more - Show less