Tides & The Moon Greetings Card
Taken from a 19th century print from our archive. This greetings card shows the effect of the Moon on tides, and eclipses of the Moon and the Sun.
- Inspired by a 19th century astronomical print found in the Royal Museums Greenwich collection
- Reynolds's Series of Astronomical Diagrams shows two subjects. The top illustration is an eclipse of the Moon and the Sun, and the lower illustration is how the Moon affects tides on Earth.
- "The Theory of the Tides" in decorative script through the centre
Captioned "Eclipses and the Theory of Tides, James Reynolds, 1846-60”
- These cards were intended for informal learning about astronomy within the home
- Dimensions: 17cm x 11.5cm | 6.7 x 4.5 in
- Printed on sustainably sourced paper with environmentally friendly ink
- Exclusive to Royal Museums Greenwich
+ Read more - Show less
We have moon-inspired homewares, clothing, jewellery, books, prints and astronomy gifts. Created in response to 'The Moon', our new major exhibition. At the National Maritime Museum from 19 July 2019 until 5 January 2020.