Night Sky Underground Map Mug
Have you ever imagined journeying though outer space or taking a cosmic commute? Now you can navigate nebulae, constellations, planets and other celestial features with our exclusive Night Sky Underground Map mug.
Your morning coffee or afternoon tea will be transported to a new experience in this fun mug.
- Hand decorated in Staffordshire
- Mug design has zoomed in to focus on the nucleus of the map
- One supplied
- Microwave and dishwasher safe
- Size: 9.7 cm with 8cm diameter | 3.8 x 3.1in
- Designed by the Astronomy team at Royal Observatory Greenwich
- Royal Observatory Greenwich brand logo on base
- Copyright Transport for London / National Maritime Museum, Greenwich
- TfL Registered User Number 17/5144
- Exclusive to Royal Museums Greenwich
Astronomers at the Royal Observatory Greenwich have collaborated with Transport for London and the London Transport Museum to create this unique, space-themed alternative take on Harry Beck’s 1933 iconic Tube map. It retains the familiar graphic layout of the classic original, with over 400 renamed stations; all have an astronomical theme.
Launched to coincide with NASA’s Mars 2020 mission, each of the 11 London Underground lines on the iconic Tube map, along with the Docklands Light Railway, London Overground, London Tram, TfL Rail and Emirates Air Line have been changed to represent an astronomical subject, from constellations and galaxies to spacecraft and observatories around the world.
The map has been re-imagined, creating a fun visual way for you to learn more about space and the night sky, including:
• The Circle line showing objects within the Solar System, such as Earth (replacing Mansion House), Jupiter (Euston Square) and Saturn (Bayswater).
• Nebulae populate the Jubilee line, including the Tarantula Nebula (Bermondsey) and Horsehead Nebula (Stanmore).
• Iconic spacecraft such as the historic Rosetta (Preston Road), Voyager 1 (Amersham) and the International Space Station (Uxbridge) represent the northern end of the Metropolitan line.
• Hammersmith & City is represented by comets, such as Halley’s Comet (Royal Oak) and Hale-Bop (Wood Lane).
• The Central line showcases cosmology and exotic astrophysics, including the Big Bang (West Ruislip), Dark Matter (East Acton) and a Black Hole (Bank).
Discover prints and gifts by checking out our full Night Sky Underground Map range.
FREE UK Delivery for orders over £50
Due to the measures we have put in place to keep our E-Commerce team safe, processing and fulfillment times can take up to 2-3 working days. Please see our FAQs for more information.
FREE UK delivery for orders over £50.
For all other orders, we offer a flat rate of £4.95 per order.
Orders are sent using a tracked service, and please allow a further 1-2 working days to receive, except for Custom Prints (those which are customised by choosing a size and frame) which take a little longer as they are made to order. Please see our Delivery & Returns page for more information.
International Delivery Information
Delivery rate varies by country and value of order, and starts from as little as £6.95. Please see our Delivery & Returns page for all delivery rates.
Due to the measures we have put in place to keep our E-Commerce team safe, processing and fulfillment times can take up to 2-3 working days.
All international orders are sent on a RoyalMail/Parcelforce tracked delivery service (details available on request). Please allow 5-7 working days to receive after we have dispatched, although due to ongoing coronavirus measures, some customers may experience further delays.
Please see our FAQs for more information.
Custom Prints (those which are customised by choosing a size and frame) take a little longer due to being made to order. Please see our Delivery & Returns page for more information.
For all returns, please contact us as soon as possible using the contact form, expressing your wish to return. Please wait for confirmation from one of our team before returning. Under new safety measures, returns will be held for 3 working days before handling.
Please see our Delivery & Returns page for full information.
Every purchase supports the work of Royal Museums Greenwich
All proceeds from all purchases made on the Royal Museums Greenwich online shop support the work of the museum.
Should you wish to, you can now add a voluntary donation to your order. All donations, big or small, will make a difference.
Thank you for your continued support.