The Original Den Kit
The Original Den Kit is a shelter-building kit which offers every child an outdoor experience whatever the weather. It is designed to capture creative imaginations, encourage resourcefulness and innovation.
Being outdoors - it’s great for our mental and physical health, growth, education and understanding of the world and our place in it. Children thrive in an outdoor environment, which offers them an enduring connection with nature and the freedom to realise their own potential.
What's in the kit?
- A hefty haversack made from cotton webbing that can be washed in the machine. It has a useful shoulder strap for easy carrying
- A tough camouflage tarpaulin - waterproof as well as rot resistant. Approx size 2.4 x 1.8m
- A durable groundsheet - waterproof and rot resistant. It has eyelets too, so can double up as another tarpaulin. Approx size 1.8 x 1.2 m
- A beautiful, unique and functional wooden mallet fashioned from coppiced wood and complete with bark - made by us here in Shropshire
- Sip a warming drink in traditional camping style with our iconic, branded enamelware mug
- Ensure you don’t lose your tent pegs by keeping them in a useful drawstring, cotton tent peg bag
- Camouflage face paint in khaki and brown - washable, cruelty-free and made here in the UK
- 10 metres of strong, natural jute rope
- 8 holdfast steel tent pegs
- Helpful tips and den-building inspiration on a handy, saveable sheet.
- Carefully and ethically sourced components that last
- No batteries
- No single-use plastic
- Offering peace of mind to parents, and our planet
Not suitable for children under 3 years. Long cords and small parts. Strangulation and choking hazards Functional sharp points. Adult supervision necessary due to small parts and sharp tools. Recommended for children 6+
Our Epic Explorers collection focuses on middle-grade readers aged 7-12 years, and offers books full of inspiring stories of wide-ranging explorers who've shaped how we see the world through their daring adventurers, and STEM learning kits and games to inspire children to get outdoors and explore themselves.
FREE UK Delivery for orders over £50
Please allow 2-3 working days to receive your order from the time you placed it.
All UK orders are sent using a tracked service. Please see our Delivery & Returns page for more information, including some exceptions as follows.
The Bremont Limited Edition Longitude is sent via a DPD 2-3 working day service.
FREE UK delivery for all orders over £50.
For all other orders, we offer a flat rate of £4.95 per order.
International Delivery Information
Delivery rate varies by country and value of order, and starts from as little as £6.95.
Please allow 1-2 working days for your order to be dispatched.
We send using a Royal Mail/Parcelforce tracked delivery service. Please allow 5-7 working days to receive after we have dispatched, although due to ongoing coronavirus measures, some customers may experience further delays.
Please see our Delivery & Returns page for all information, including some exceptions as follows.
For all returns, please contact us as soon as possible using the contact form, expressing your wish to return. Please wait for confirmation from one of our team before returning. Under new safety measures, returns will be held for 3 working days before handling.
Please see our Delivery & Returns page for full information.
Every purchase supports the work of Royal Museums Greenwich
All proceeds from all purchases made on the Royal Museums Greenwich online shop support the work of the museum.
Should you wish to, you can now add a voluntary donation to your order. All donations, big or small, will make a difference.
Thank you for your continued support.