Small Astrolabe Astrolabio With Stand
When hung on its wood and brass stand, this small astrolabe is a distinguished desk accessory.
- - Modelled on an astrolabe astrolabio. One of the most used instruments in the history of astronomy.
- - Astrolabes can tell the time during day or night; find the time and length of sunrise and sunset; and identify celestial objects in the night sky to determine latitude.
- - Detailed and decorative piece made from brass plate and sapelli wood.
- - The astrolabe is gift boxed with instructions and its historic uses.
- - Astrolabe dimensions: 13 cm x 4.5 cm
- - Stand height: 18cm
- - Base of stand dimensions: 5cm x 2.5cm x 5cm
- - Intended for decorative purposes, do not use this astrolabe for serious navigation.
We have moon-inspired homewares, clothing, jewellery, books, prints and astronomy gifts. Created in response to 'The Moon', our new major exhibition. At the National Maritime Museum from 19 July 2019 until 5 January 2020.
Discover more about astrolabes and how they were used. Visit the National Maritime Museums and Royal Observatory Greenwich to see the astrolabes in our collection.+ Read more - Show less