Small Astrolabe Astrolabio With Stand
When hung on its wood and brass stand, this small astrolabe is a distinguished desk accessory.
- Modelled on an astrolabe astrolabio. One of the most used instruments in the history of astronomy.
- Astrolabes can tell the time during day or night; find the time and length of sunrise and sunset; and identify celestial objects in the night sky to determine latitude.
- Detailed and decorative piece made from brass plate and sapelli wood.
- The astrolabe is gift boxed with instructions and its historic uses.
- Astrolabe dimensions: 13 cm x 4.5 cm
- Stand height: 18cm
- Base of stand dimensions: 5cm x 2.5cm x 5cm
- Intended for decorative purposes, do not use this astrolabe for serious navigation
FREE UK Delivery for orders over £50
Due to the measures we have put in place to keep our E-Commerce team safe, processing and fulfillment times can take up to 2-3 working days. Please see our FAQs for more information.
FREE UK delivery for orders over £50.
For all other orders, we offer a flat rate of £4.95 per order.
Orders are sent using a tracked service, and please allow a further 1-2 working days to receive, except for Custom Prints (those which are customised by choosing a size and frame) which take a little longer as they are made to order. Please see our Delivery & Returns page for more information.
International Delivery Information
Delivery rate varies by country and value of order, and starts from as little as £6.95. Please see our Delivery & Returns page for all delivery rates.
Due to the measures we have put in place to keep our E-Commerce team safe, processing and fulfillment times can take up to 2-3 working days.
All international orders are sent on a RoyalMail/Parcelforce tracked delivery service (details available on request). Please allow 5-7 working days to receive after we have dispatched, although due to ongoing coronavirus measures, some customers may experience further delays.
Please see our FAQs for more information.
Custom Prints (those which are customised by choosing a size and frame) take a little longer due to being made to order. Please see our Delivery & Returns page for more information.
For all returns, please contact us as soon as possible using the contact form, expressing your wish to return. Please wait for confirmation from one of our team before returning. Under new safety measures, returns will be held for 3 working days before handling.
Please see our Delivery & Returns page for full information.
Every purchase supports the work of Royal Museums Greenwich
All proceeds from all purchases made on the Royal Museums Greenwich online shop support the work of the museum.
Should you wish to, you can now add a voluntary donation to your order. All donations, big or small, will make a difference.
Thank you for your continued support.