Moongazing: Beginner's Guide to Exploring The Moon
An in-depth guide for aspiring astronomers and Moon observers from the Royal Observatory Greenwich. This is the ideal book for Moon observers covering essential equipment, and the key events to look out for.
- Detailed Moon maps
- History of lunar observation and exploration
- Properties of the Moon, its origin and orbit
- Detailed advice on how to choose a telescope and how to capture the Moon in sketches
- All you need to know about eclipses, blue moons, supermoons, conjunctions and occultations
- A comprehensive section on astrophotography using lenses, telescopes, Smartphones, including video and how to process your images
- A photographic atlas of lunar features with plates and annotated maps
- A glossary of key terms, index of lunar features and software references are also provided.
- 96 pages
Just one of our Astronomy & Space books at Royal Museums Greenwich.
+ Read more - Show less
FREE UK Delivery for orders over £50
Due to the measures we have put in place to keep our E-Commerce team safe, processing and fulfillment times can take up to 5-7 working days. Please see our FAQs for more information.
FREE UK delivery for orders over £50.
For all other orders, we offer a flat rate of £4.95 per order.
Orders are sent using a tracked service, and please allow a further 1-2 working days to receive, except for Custom Prints (those which are customised by choosing a size and frame) which take a little longer as they are made to order. Please see our Delivery & Returns page for more information.
International Delivery Information
Delivery rate varies by country and value of order, and starts from as little as £6.95. Please see our Delivery & Returns page for all delivery rates.
All international orders are sent on a RoyalMail/Parcelforce tracked delivery service (details available on request). Please allow 5-7 working days to receive after we have dispatched, although due to ongoing coronavirus measures, some customers may experience further delays.
Please see our FAQs for more information.
Custom Prints (those which are customised by choosing a size and frame) take a little longer due to being made to order. Please see our Delivery & Returns page for more information.
For all returns, please contact us as soon as possible using the contact form, expressing your wish to return. Please wait for confirmation from one of our team before returning. Under new safety measures, returns will be held for 3 working days before handling.
Please see our Delivery & Returns page for full information.
Every purchase supports the work of Royal Museums Greenwich
All proceeds from all purchases made on the Royal Museums Greenwich online shop support the work of the museum.
Thank you for your continued support.