Celestron NexStar 8SE Computerised Telescope
This NexStar 8SE telescope by Celestron combines advanced features and excellent optics in one easy-to-use system. It’s the perfect choice for your first serious telescope, offering impressive views.
With a full 8 inches of aperture, the 8SE reveals details in even the faintest celestial objects. With this much light-gathering ability, you’ll clearly observe Cassini’s Division in Saturn’s rings, the cloud bands on Jupiter, and the Great Red Spot. Beyond the solar system, your 8SE will show you hundreds of pinpoint stars in the Hercules Globular Cluster, the spiral arms of the Whirlpool Galaxy, and more. And don’t forget the Moon - you’ll see craters and geographic features like never before.
Revolutionary Single Fork Arm Mount
We know the best telescope is the one you will use most often. That’s why Celestron’s engineers created NexStar SE’s unique, patented single fork arm mount. It’s perfectly portable and makes setup quick and easy. What’s more, the NexStar SE breaks down into several lightweight and compact pieces, making it easy to transport, even in small vehicles. You’ll have no problem getting the NexStar SE to your favorite observing site, or setting it up quickly in your backyard.
Aligning your telescope is simple and painless, too, thanks to SkyAlign. This process makes alignment as easy as 1-2-3: just center three bright objects in your eyepiece and press ALIGN. For even easier alignment, attach our StarSense AutoAlign and your NexStar SE aligns itself!Advanced Features Let the NexStar SE Grow with You
The NexStar SE is compatible with all the high-tech accessories advanced users love. Control your telescope using your iPhone or iPad with our SkyQ Link, or add GPS functionality with SkySync.
• Large, 8-inch aperture with excellent light-gathering ability provides spectacular views of the Moon and planets, along with deep sky objects like the Whirlpool Galaxy and Hercules Globular Cluster.
• Fully automated, GoTo mount with database of 40,000+ celestial objects automatically locates and tracks objects for you.
• SkyAlign technology gets your telescope aligned and ready to observe in minutes. Even if you’re unfamiliar with the night sky, you can easily align your telescope on any three bright objects.
• Unique single fork arm design and sturdy steel tripod all break down into separate components for easy transport and quick assembly.
- Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain
- Aperture: 203.2mm (8")
- Focal Length: 2032mm (80")
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 25mm (.98")
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 81x
- Finderscope: StarPointer™
- red dot finderscope
- Star Diagonal: 1.25" Star Diagonal
- Highest Useful Magnification: 480x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 29x
- Optical Coatings: Starbright XLT
- Optical Tube Length: 432mm (17")
- Optical Tube Diameter: 232mm (9.1")
- Optical Tube Weight: 12 lbs (5.4 kg)
- Mount Type: Computerised Altitude-Azimuth Single Fork Arm
- Instrument load capacity: 12 lbs (5.44 kg)
- Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod): 965.2mm - 1422.4mm (38" - 56")
- Tripod leg diameter: 38.1mm (1.5") Stainless Steel
- Mount Head Weight: 11 lbs (5 kg)
- Tripod Weight: 9 lbs (4.08 kg)
- Slew Speeds: 9 slew speeds - max speed 5°/second
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tracking Modes: Alt-Az, EQ North and EQ South
- Number of Auxiliary Ports: 1x AUX Port
- Autoguide Port: Yes
- USB Port: Yes, Hand Control input
- Power Requirements: 8-AA batteries (not included) and 12 VDC-750 mA (Tip positive)
- Alignment Procedures: SkyAlign, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, Auto 2-Star Align, Solar System Align, EQ North / EQ South Alignment (EQ align requires an equatorial wedge)
- Computerised Hand Control: Double line, 18-character Liquid Crystal Display with 19 fibre optic backlit LED buttons
- NexStar+ Database: 40,000 objects, 200 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
- Software Celestron Starry Night Special Edition Software and SkyPortal App
- Total Kit Weight: 24 lbs (10.88 kg)
- Included Items: Optical tube
- Single Fork Arm Mount and Tripod
- Accessory Tray
- Star Pointer Finderscope
- NexStar+ Hand Control
- 25mm eyepiece
- Star Diagonal
Available for purchasing online only. Please note: we are only able to ship this telescope to UK addresses.
FREE UK Delivery for orders over £50
Our current holiday season UK standard processing
and fulfillment time is 5-7 working days from the time you placed your order, excluding Custom Prints, online-only telescopes and personalised clothing.
All UK orders (excluding personalised clothing) are sent using a tracked service.
Custom Prints (those which are customised by choosing a size and frame) and personalised clothing take a little longer to fulfill due to being made to order.
Please see our Delivery & Returns page for more information and last order dates.
Online-only telescopes are shipped directly from Celestron. Please place your order before 12 noon on 18th December.
FREE Standard UK delivery for all orders over £50 (Royal Mail)
For all other orders, we offer Standard UK delivery for £4.95 per order (Royal Mail).
We also offer UK FedEx 1-3 Working Days for £9.90. Excludes Custom Prints and Personalised Clothing. Please place your order by 19th December.
International Delivery Information
Delivery rate varies by country and value of order, and starts from as little as £6.95.
Please allow 5-7 working days for standard orders to be dispatched.
Custom Prints (those which are customised by choosing a size and frame) and personalised clothing take a little longer to fulfill due to being made to order. Please see our recommended last order dates for these items on our Delivery & Returns page.
We send using a Royal Mail/FedEx tracked delivery service (excluding personalised products). Please allow 7-10 working days to receive after we have dispatched.
Please see our Delivery & Returns page for all information.
For all returns, please contact us as soon as possible using the contact form, expressing your wish to return. Please wait for confirmation from one of our team before returning.
Custom Prints (those which are customised by choosing a size and frame) and personalised clothing are made to order and therefore we are unable to offer a refund or exchange, unless they are faulty.
Please see our Delivery & Returns page for full information.
Every purchase supports the work of Royal Museums Greenwich
All proceeds from all purchases made on the Royal Museums Greenwich online shop support the work of the museum.
Should you wish to, you can now add a voluntary donation to your order. All donations, big or small, will make a difference.
Thank you for your continued support.