Celestron NexStar 6SLT Telescope
Celestron’s innovative NexStar Star Location Telescope (SLT) has been a customer favourite for years thanks to its unique combination of high-quality optics, user-friendly computerised interface and a sturdy single fork arm mount.
The NexStar 6SLT comes with a 6” Schmidt-Cassegrain optical tube, a great multi-use telescope with 1500 mm of focal length (f/10). The Celestron C6 is equipped with patented StarBright XLT coatings, which visibly increase contrast and bring out subtle detail on the Moon, planets, and faint nebulae. These coatings also increase light transmission for brighter deep space images.
The NexStar SLT telescope features a single fork arm alt-azimuth mount, which allows the telescope to track the desired objects as they appear to move across the night sky. The mount sits on a pre-assembled, adjustable steel tripod. This telescope comes with a preassembled, adjustable stainless-steel tripod, quick release fork arm, NexStar+ computerised hand control, 6” Schmidt-Cassegrain optical tube, and lots of bonus accessories.
The computerised hand control enables you to automatically navigate to any of 4,000+ celestial objects with the push of a button. The NexStar+ database includes more than 600 galaxies, 300 clusters and dozens of beautiful binary stars. Not sure what to observe? Choose the Sky Tour feature and the NexStar+ hand control will automatically generate a list of all the best celestial objects currently visible based on your exact time and location.
The proprietary SkyAlign alignment procedure makes setting up and using a computerized telescope faster and easier than ever before. Point the telescope at three bright objects in the sky, and the telescope can triangulate its position and locate any other object in the sky automatically. You don’t need to know the names of the stars—you can even pick the Moon or bright planets!
The entire telescope kit weighs in at just 18 pounds. The simple, no-tool assembly and fast SkyAlign alignment procedure will have you ready to observe in minutes. This makes NexStar 6SLT your perfect companion for impromptu observing sessions and all-night stargazing marathons alike.
The NexStar 6SLT is great for moongazing as it will reveal details of the lunar surface, Venus and its phases, the polar caps on Mars, Jupiter and its four moons, and Saturn with its rings plainly visible. It can also be used as a land-based spotting telescope for daytime and wildlife observations.
- High quality 6” (150mm) Schmidt Cassegrain optical tube
- Fully computerised Altazimuth mount
- Sturdy stainless-steel tripod and accessory tray included
- Includes a StarPointer™ red dot finderscope, a star diagonal, and two eyepieces (20mm and 9mm). The two eyepieces offer different magnifications for low or high powered observing. The star diagonal provides a right-side-up view and a more comfortable viewing angle when looking up at the sky. The StarPointer™ finderscope will help you quickly center an object in your eyepiece for easier observing.
- Free download Starry Night Special Edition software
- Powered by 8 AA batteries (not included)
- Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain
- Aperture: 150mm (6")
- Focal Length: 1500mm (59")
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 20mm (.78")
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 75x
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2: 9mm (.35")
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 167x
- Finderscope: StarPointer™
- red dot finderscope
- Star Diagonal: 1.25" Star Diagonal
- Optical Tube: Aluminium
- Highest Useful Magnification: 354x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 21x
- Optical Coatings: StarBright XLT
- Optical Tube Length: 406.4mm (16")
- Optical Tube Diameter: 181mm (7.1")
- Optical Tube Weight: 8 lbs (3.6 kg)
- Mount Type: Computerised Altitude-Azimuth Single Fork Arm
- Instrument load capacity: 8 lbs (3.6 kg)
- Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod): 762mm - 1270mm (30" - 50")
- Tripod Leg Diameter: 31.75mm (1.25") Stainless steel
- Mount Head Weight: 5 lbs (2.3 kg)
- Tripod Weight: 5 lbs (2.3 kg)
- Slew Speeds: 9 slew speeds - max speed 3°/second
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tracking Modes: Alt-Az, EQ North and EQ South
- Number of Auxiliary Ports: 1x AUX Port and 1x hand control port (hand control can use either port)
- USB Port: Yes, input on hand control
- Power Requirements: 12 VDC - 8xAA Batteries (not included)
- Alignment Procedures: SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, Solar System Align
- Computerised Hand Control: 1 Hand Control Port and 1 AUX Port
- NexStar+ Database: Over 40,000 including 220 of the best deep sky and solar system objects
- Software Celestron Starry Night Special Edition Software and SkyPortal App
- Total Kit Weight: 18 lbs (8.2 kg)
- Included Items: Optical Tube
- Single Fork Arm Mount and tripod
- Accessory Tray
- NexStar+ Hand Control
- 20mm and 9mm eyepiece
- StarPointer™ red dot finderscope
- Star Diagonal
Available to purchase online only. Please note this telescope can be shipped to UK addresses only.+ Read more - Show less
FREE UK Delivery for orders over £50
Our current holiday season UK standard processing
and fulfillment time is 5-7 working days from the time you placed your order, excluding Custom Prints, online-only telescopes and personalised clothing.
All UK orders (excluding personalised clothing) are sent using a tracked service.
Custom Prints (those which are customised by choosing a size and frame) and personalised clothing take a little longer to fulfill due to being made to order.
Please see our Delivery & Returns page for more information and last order dates.
Online-only telescopes are shipped directly from Celestron. Please place your order before 12 noon on 18th December.
FREE Standard UK delivery for all orders over £50 (Royal Mail)
For all other orders, we offer Standard UK delivery for £4.95 per order (Royal Mail).
We also offer UK FedEx 1-3 Working Days for £9.90. Excludes Custom Prints and Personalised Clothing. Please place your order by 19th December.
International Delivery Information
Delivery rate varies by country and value of order, and starts from as little as £6.95.
Please allow 5-7 working days for standard orders to be dispatched.
Custom Prints (those which are customised by choosing a size and frame) and personalised clothing take a little longer to fulfill due to being made to order. Please see our recommended last order dates for these items on our Delivery & Returns page.
We send using a Royal Mail/FedEx tracked delivery service (excluding personalised products). Please allow 7-10 working days to receive after we have dispatched.
Please see our Delivery & Returns page for all information.
For all returns, please contact us as soon as possible using the contact form, expressing your wish to return. Please wait for confirmation from one of our team before returning.
Custom Prints (those which are customised by choosing a size and frame) and personalised clothing are made to order and therefore we are unable to offer a refund or exchange, unless they are faulty.
Please see our Delivery & Returns page for full information.
Every purchase supports the work of Royal Museums Greenwich
All proceeds from all purchases made on the Royal Museums Greenwich online shop support the work of the museum.
Should you wish to, you can now add a voluntary donation to your order. All donations, big or small, will make a difference.
Thank you for your continued support.