Kings and Queens Collins Gem guide
A copiously illustrated guide to the monarchs of the British Isles and Ireland from pre-Saxon times to the present, complete with concise genealogical charts and details of key historical events. All the essential information you will need to know about Kings and Queens including details of birth, parents, accession to the throne, coronation, authority, personal status, death date and burial place for each monarch.
- The book is divided into five sections, together with a Compendium at the end:
- Part One, presents information about Pre-Saxon rule, including details about ancient British chiefs, Roman rulers and the Roman Conquest.
- Part Two provides information about Scotland, Ireland and Wales, with sections on Robert I and the Wars of Independence, The Union of the Crowns, the Princes of Wales and the High Kingship of Ireland.
- Part Three discusses the Saxons, Normans and Plantagenets.
- Part Four gives details about the Tudors and Stuarts.
- Part Five presents an in-depth discussion of the houses from Hanover to Windsor.
- In addition an overview is given for each reign outlining major events and personal tragedies, war, celebrations and conspiracies.
- 265 pagestudors