Royal Observatory Greenwich StarSense DX 100 Celestron Telescope
Celestron has reinvented the manual telescope with StarSense; the first telescope that uses your smartphone to analyse the night sky and calculate its position in real time. Unleash the power of your smartphone to take you on a guided tour of the night sky; no telescope experience required. This edition of Celestron StarSense is ideal for beginners thanks to the app’s user-friendly interface and detailed tutorials. It’s like having your own personal tour guide of the night sky.
Celestron StarSense DX 100 is advanced enough to be able to pick out Jupiter, Saturn, Venus, the Orion Nebula, double stars, and a few more of the most famous celestial objects. If you can take the telescope to an even slightly darker location, more objects will become visible.
With this 4” refractor and relatively dark skies, the Andromeda Galaxy, Hercules Open Star Cluster, and so many more are easily within your reach. With a large 100mm (4”) objective lens, this telescope has enough light gathering ability to bring out impressive detail in celestial objects. You can expect sharp, bright views of Jupiter’s four Galilean moons, its cloud bands and Great Red Spot, the rings of Saturn, the trapezium in the Orion Nebula, and beautiful Pleaides Open Star Cluster. Celestron’s XLT optical coatings improve light transmission, enhancing the views even more. The telescope also includes a 90-degree erect image diagonal, so you can use it during the day to view birds, wildlife, landscapes, and more.
The entire telescope kit weighs just 13.5 pounds, so it’s perfectly portable and easy to bring on your next camping trip or to a remote observing site.
- Award-winning and patented StarSense sky recognition technology uses your smartphone to analyse star patterns overhead and calculate its position in real time.
- StarSense Explorer app automatically generates a list of objects currently visible. View planets, brighter nebulae and galaxies, star clusters, and double stars from the city. Or take your telescope to darker skies to view faint, deep sky objects.
- Manual altazimuth mount with smooth, dual-axis slow-motion controls makes it easy to follow the on-screen arrows to your desired target. When the bullseye turns green, it’s ready to view in the telescope’s eyepiece.
- 100mm (4”) refractor with fully coated optics and enough light gathering ability to view all the best celestial objects.
- Includes 25mm and 10mm eyepieces, StarSense smartphone dock, erect image diagonal, a StarPointer™ red dot finderscope (in case you want to use the telescope without your phone), and a sturdy, full-height tripod.
- Celestron in association with the Royal Observatory Greenwich.
Optical Design: Refractor
Aperture: 100mm (3.94")
Focal Length: 660mm (25.98")
Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 25mm (0.98")
Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 26x
Focal Length of Eyepiece 2: 10mm (0.39")
Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 66x
Finderscope: Red dot finderscope
Star Diagonal: Erect image 90° (1.25")
Optical Tube: Aluminium
Highest Useful Magnification: 241x
Lowest Useful Magnification: 15x
Optical Coatings: Fully Coated
Mount Type: Manual Alt-Azimuth
Total Kit Weight: 13.5 lbs (6.12 kg)
Included Items: Optical tube, Mount and tripod (preassembled), 25mm and 10mm eyepieces, Erect image diagonal, StarPointer finderscope, StarSense Explorer phone dock
- Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or with an optic (unless you have the proper solar filter). Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
- Never use your optic to project an image of the Sun onto any surface. Internal heat build-up can damage the optic and any accessories attached to it.
- Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with the correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present.
The Royal Observatory Greenwich Starsense DX 100 Celestron Telescope features a bespoke Royal Observatory Greenwich decorative design, celebrating nearly 350 years of scientific discovery at the Royal Observatory Greenwich.
The Royal Observatory Greenwich is the home of Greenwich Mean Time and the Prime Meridian, and one of the most important historic scientific sites in the world. Since its founding in 1675, Greenwich has been at the centre of the measurement of time and space.
To aid with your stargazing, discover our collection of Astronomy Guides+ Read more - Show less
FREE UK Delivery for orders over £50
Our current holiday season UK standard processing
and fulfillment time is 5-7 working days from the time you placed your order, excluding Custom Prints, online-only telescopes and personalised clothing.
All UK orders (excluding personalised clothing) are sent using a tracked service.
Custom Prints (those which are customised by choosing a size and frame) and personalised clothing take a little longer to fulfill due to being made to order.
Please see our Delivery & Returns page for more information and last order dates.
Online-only telescopes are shipped directly from Celestron. Please place your order before 12 noon on 18th December.
FREE Standard UK delivery for all orders over £50 (Royal Mail)
For all other orders, we offer Standard UK delivery for £4.95 per order (Royal Mail).
We also offer UK FedEx 1-3 Working Days for £9.90. Excludes Custom Prints and Personalised Clothing. Please place your order by 19th December.
International Delivery Information
Delivery rate varies by country and value of order, and starts from as little as £6.95.
Please allow 5-7 working days for standard orders to be dispatched.
Custom Prints (those which are customised by choosing a size and frame) and personalised clothing take a little longer to fulfill due to being made to order. Please see our recommended last order dates for these items on our Delivery & Returns page.
We send using a Royal Mail/FedEx tracked delivery service (excluding personalised products). Please allow 7-10 working days to receive after we have dispatched.
Please see our Delivery & Returns page for all information.
For all returns, please contact us as soon as possible using the contact form, expressing your wish to return. Please wait for confirmation from one of our team before returning.
Custom Prints (those which are customised by choosing a size and frame) and personalised clothing are made to order and therefore we are unable to offer a refund or exchange, unless they are faulty.
Please see our Delivery & Returns page for full information.
Every purchase supports the work of Royal Museums Greenwich
All proceeds from all purchases made on the Royal Museums Greenwich online shop support the work of the museum.
Should you wish to, you can now add a voluntary donation to your order. All donations, big or small, will make a difference.
Thank you for your continued support.