The London Thames Path: A Guide to the Thames Path from Putney Bridge to the Barrier
David Fathers presents a unique and richly illustrated guide to the London section of the Thames Path, which runs along both banks of the river from Putney Bridge to the Thames Barrier. Together, the two paths make up a panoramic 40-mile walk through 2000 years of London's history.
- From the old docks and wharves that primed the Industrial Revolution, through the heart of British Government, Monarchy and Church to the City of London that took its very existence from the river.
- From the site of the Putney Debates at St Mary's Church to Wren's mighty baroque cathedral of St Paul's.
- From the great Victorian engineering works of Sir Joseph Bazalgette and his attempts to clean up a polluted London and the river to the Thames Barrier seeking to protect huge parts of London from rising sea levels.
- From London Bridge, site of the oldest crossing point, to the Millennium Bridge, the Thames' newest crossing.
- This book explains the panorama we see today, what came before and how the changes came about. Each double page shows the distance covered so you can plan your own tour of the river.
- 128 pages
+ Read more - Show less
FREE UK Delivery for orders over £60
Please allow 2-3 working days to receive your order from the time you placed it.
All UK orders are sent using a tracked service. Please see our Delivery & Returns page for more information, including some exceptions as follows.
Custom Prints (those which are customised by choosing a size and frame) take a little longer to fulfil due to being made to order.
The Bremont Limited Edition Longitude is sent via a DPD 2-3 working day service.
FREE UK delivery for all orders over £60.
For all other orders, we offer a flat rate of £4.95 per order.
International Delivery Information
Delivery rate varies by country and value of order, and starts from as little as £6.95.
Please allow 1-2 working days for your order to be dispatched.
We send using a Royal Mail/Parcelforce tracked delivery service. Please allow 5-7 working days to receive after we have dispatched, although due to ongoing coronavirus measures, some customers may experience further delays.
Please see our Delivery & Returns page for all information, including some exceptions as follows.
For all returns, please contact us as soon as possible using the contact form, expressing your wish to return. Please wait for confirmation from one of our team before returning. Under new safety measures, returns will be held for 3 working days before handling.
Please see our Delivery & Returns page for full information.
Every purchase supports the work of Royal Museums Greenwich
All proceeds from all purchases made on the Royal Museums Greenwich online shop support the work of the museum.
Should you wish to, you can now add a voluntary donation to your order. All donations, big or small, will make a difference.
Thank you for your continued support.